Driven has put together a package deal for international speakers that would like to visit South Africa and run workshops.
The offer has evolved from a structure we have used for several people already (Rinat Abdullin, Vaughn Vernon, Greg Young). It is as follows:
Heuristics for speaker/topic selection
- Workshops must be of interest to those working in software development fields
- Workshops should be principle based (how/when/why), not strictly practice based (what). For example a workshop on TDD would suit, a workshop on xUnit would probably not.
- Confirmation of workshop is dependent on sufficient bookings being placed to cover costs.
You (Speaker) Provide
- Workshop topic
- Date(s) you are available
- Minimum & maximum number of people in the workshop
We (Driven) Provide
- Turnkey running of the workshop, from marketing to bookings to venue etc.
- Booking of your accommodation over the period of the workshop
- Personally meet you at airport and see you are safely returned for your next flight
Proposed Commercial Model
- We collect all money from bookings locally
- We deduct agreed expenses - flights, accommodation and food/drinks, venue costs
- The remaining balance, if any, is shared half to the speaker and half to Driven
If you would like to take advantage of this offer, contact email@example.com
(confession: the photo above was taken at our annual unconference not at a workshop. You’re welcome to come to that as well of course - in July)